Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Jay-Z a freemason?

Me & a few of my coworkers were talking when one mentioned that he heard about a couple rumors that rapper and CEO Jay-Z was/is a member of the Freemasons. While talking, I searched YouTube & actually found a video submitted by someone else based on the same speculations. There is also a rumor that the Roc A Wear logo is derived from egyptian symbols. I'm just curious to know if anyone else has any input on this. Does anyone else believe that being a freemason is a large part of the reason Jay-Z is so sucessful? And is Kanye one too? Along with Lupe?

1 comment:

Savior Monroe said...

Jay-Z, Nas, and Kanye West are indeed Freemasons. They have videos of them doing Mason handshakes on the internet. A lot of Jay-Z's logos he uses for his companies are also Mason inspired. I don't know about Lupe, but the Roc boys are definitely Freemasons and I believe it has had a part in their success.