Sunday, November 9, 2008

U have to read this convo with this model

Ok so this is the conversation I was referring to in the msg I sent out to the Voist Magazine group members on facebook...

"I just finished a convo with one of the most arrogant & misinformed model ive spoken in the 8 years ive been working with models...i will be posting the full convo on my blog soon, make sure u check it out & comment!

voistmag.com up!"

I'm going to include all the names we referred to in hopes that some models keep them in mind for future reference...I will however protect the name of the model this conversation was with...enjoy!

Btw...I will also include my own commentary in bold blue to represent what I was thinking when reading & responding to her msgs...


Re: short notice shoot
Between You and Model X

Model X

November 9 at 12:16am
I may be avail to shoot tomorrow I Just need a more info like shoot location,wardrobe, etc.... XoXo
Sent via Facebook Mobile

*I checked out her profile & noticed she wasn't the the cutest in the face but had a marketable body...something I would use if someone else canceled...a 'plan B/C', lol
November 9 at 12:25am
Hey, I need to know for sure cuz im paying for my time in advance...so let me know when u know, k?! & the wardrobe is sexy & urban, & i like skin...call or text me...313-772-0950

Model X

November 9 at 12:30am
U never said a location? And well there b a MUA there
November 9 at 12:32am
No makeup artist...i kinda set this up too short notice...do u know one? & its at 15 mile & kelly

Model X

November 9 at 1:05am
Ok I can make it. & yes I know a MUA her rates are $30 per girl with lashes $35 with lashes. I'll see if she's avail. for tomorrow. How many girls do you have so far? & how quick is your photo turn around? I only shoot TF* if I can get photo's back in a timely fashion...


November 9 at 1:09am
u get all the photos on a cd same day, it usually takes a sec for the edits

Model X

November 9 at 1:13am
Okay great. So I'll see you tomorrow are you gonna send out the exact address & location via facebook tomorrow? & my MUA is available for tomorrow I'm gonna use her, she can do my MU on site right?



November 9 at 1:16am
if im payin for ur make up...lemme get at u 1st thing in the morning, i get a few artists that quoted me $20 per look, one said $15 but idk if they avail

Model X

November 9 at 1:24am
LOL I'm paying for my make up hun. I'm a published Glamour with a decent fanbase and I don't even shoot without a MUA & BTW most photog's (& I've shot with everybody from Ant Eyecandy to Frank HotSauce) make the models pay for their own MU specially when shooting amatuer models who most likely need it the most.

& I'm assuming you're shooting amatuer models (you are recruiting on facebook) ?So don't worry I'm just making sure its cool she comes.

And in the future please don't even consider a MUA that ONLY charges $15-$20 LOL thats ridiculous.....

*Definition of 'published' to make available to the public...make sure you note that when some elementary school model/photographer throws that word at cha trying to sound important.

*Ladies, there is a such thing as agencies/photographers who cover all expenses, from gas to makeup...but I'm sure no one has cared enuff about this particular model to cover anything with her...in fact, most pros will tell a newbie photographer to learn a little makeup application him/herself to cut out those expenses that he/her covers...has this model not read a book on the profession she's trying to get in?!?!

*Fyi, according to her, all you facebookers out there are amateur, I guess that includes the hundreds maybe thousands of movie stars & other entertainers who have resorted to facebook to widen their fan base...there's even a group for that 'amateur' Tyra Banks, lol.

*& why is it ridiculous for a makeup artist to look out for me?! lmao...


November 9 at 1:26am
lmao, u shoot wit duan? i dont even touch none of his girls...& that whole lil msg was cute
November 9 at 1:29am
Oh, & i hope u kno, if u run a photo copy of ur photo & pass it to someone, u r considered "published" u actually "published" urself by postin a photo on facebook or any website open to the Public...

Model X

November 9 at 1:35am
Who? If you were refering to DXM's Duane then yea I started out shooting with him I did the whole hair magazine thing & ending up becoming a DXM model. But that was like 2 yrs ago I don't even like being associated with Dyme Xtreme anymore I'm so over it. & BTW I wasn't trying 2 be funny, but if you took it that sorry. & just like you don't touch his girls I usually don't shoot with facebook photographers....

*watch that red text, there are more & more girls coming to me everyday with horror stories about him...I'm not going to bash the dude but my advice if you like his work, is to ASK AROUND!!! If you hear the same thing from multiple girls...it's probably true...another suggestion is to join the group "I Love Modeling & Photography" if you're a facebooker...the photographers that are the officers on that group should be more than enough to get you a well rounded portfolio.


November 9 at 1:38am
Oh, its kinda weird that u say im shootin amatuer models becuz im "recruiting" on facebook...is this not where i met u?!?! & i havent met a makeup artist that asked for more than $20, usually they do ask for a fav. like a couple images for their own use...but sure, u can stick to paying $30 & up, i jus look out for those who look out for me babe
November 9 at 1:42am
lmao, ure limiting urself babe, everybody on up to ABC news has a facebook page not...& thats real cute that u wanna label me a "facebook" photographer...facebook most def didnt pay for my classes, books, or 10,000 copies of my magazine to be published & printed...but sure, imma "facebook" photographer, & so has each logo that ive seen on ure pics...

Model X

November 9 at 1:48am
Yes we did cross paths on facebook but I have a pretty decent resume avail upon request so amatuer I'm not. As far as the MUA goes $30 is a very good price for a PROFESSIONALl MUA which I prefer to use. Also they typical charge $35-40 which is the pretty much the going rate in Michigan From George Mckinny to my girl good ol Facebook/MAC Cosmetics Professional MUA Brandalyn Fulton (Ref. Model Mayhem for going Michigan rates for validation). & same goes for me I always look out for those who look 4 me as well. Sorry you took offense to my advice but I've been in this for a minute & I wish you the best.....



November 9 at 2:02am
for u to have been at this for so long, ur photos are very average, mediocre at best, not saying im the best photographer, but if ur photos had impressed me, u woulda heard from me a long time ago, & as far as makeup artist, i could give a damn what the "going rate" is, my point from the beginning on that is if i can get a discount, obviously (by looking at ur photos) credentials dont mean anything, skill does, & i like/love the example work of mua that offered me those prices...its real funny how $35 is a good price, but $20 isnt a better...thats like if a photographer charged $120/hr for a dhoot & shot like duan but $45/hr & shot like davide & u would turn down davide?! u are hatin on something u kno nothing about?! u dont even kno if one of the girls im refering to is an artist for the iman makeup line that just tosses me a deal?! do me a fav & take that negative attitude & energy somewhere else, deuces!

Model X

November 9 at 2:07am
LMFAO....



16 comments:

voistmag said...

Someone wrote on the wall of my facebook page:

"LMAO at that convo sir... lol. I guess "Model X" doesn't know the value of a dollar if she doesn't realize that she's getting a better deal by paying the smaller amount. I would also say that she should sorta choose her words wisely because I know if you offend certain photographers word can spread quick about that "model" and no one else will want to work with them. Oh well... that's Model X's problem... since she's a model of such a high caliber she knows what's best for her career.

one more thing... I bet a million that... she wouldn't be in NY with that attitude... hehe"

Ashleigh J. said...

lol i must say that she is very arrogant and extremely misinformed about the industry. I think that she needs to sit back and take a look at herself and realize that she is not worthy of trying to shoot down anyone in the industry. and as far as calling me an "amateur" model since I'm on facebook, she better hope she doesn't come across my pics and see that facebook does wonders for networking.

Unknown said...

That is indeed sad coming from a starting out newbie. I mean honestly, if you can't speak correctly and can't carry yourself at all, then just lose the job. You can't and won't ever make any money being a little snobby bitch. Quite honestly, a lot of people are like that out there, and it's sad that she will have to earn the credential of being a horrible model, but whatever floats your boat. You did the best you could and I think you handled it well.

I've had my fair share of cocky photographers too, so I understand your pain. IN my own opinion, you can only be cocky if you are making over 150,000 shooting for ONE magazine, maybe then you can have the money and time put in effort to say you are the best.

Some of the best photographers and models in the world, i.e Heidi Klum, don't even see themselves as remarkable. They are just being themselves, and that's what gets them far. But then again, some people who are themselves aren't just meant for the public eye. ;)

That's my spiel.

Unknown said...

And by the way, I am a facebooker and myspacer. I've found tons of photographers, some better than others that shoot amazing work. So if she doesn't want to network, then more power to her. And if she's taking that for-granted, then she's not getting anywhere in life. ;)

Ashley Pham

voistmag said...

Here is some more comments people wrote on my facebook wall...

Stephen 'Fuzzytek' Boyle wrote at 12:07am
Don't sweat the arrogant 'models' they are quite often sitting by the phone waiting for their agent to call and tell them about their big break. Good luck with the magazine launch.

Manni Brown wrote at 3:32am
wow to that conversation..

Mike Will wrote at 10:09am
Maaaaaaan u cant be cussin out profeesional model chicks mane...SIKE! Dat shit had me rollin'!

Renesha Henderson wrote at 6:54pm
Wow...this blog is ridiculous...i'm surprised u even took the time out of your schedule to entertain someone like that

voistmag said...

These are some private msgs I got about this blog...

"Relax Patrick I know the perfect christmas gift for her. An IQ. Where do you find these people? lol I'm sorry hun."

"Wow!!! She was feelin herself a little too much! I love the way you handled that tho!"

"wow what a crazy girl.. you dont deserve that! ... girls girls girls.. so full of themselves lol"

"Hey Patrick!!!

First off that girl was truly the most arrogant "model" I've ever heard lol. Also I was interested in being featured in your magazine..."

"LOL.. THAT CONVERSATION WAS HILARIOUS...
I THINK U TAKE AWESOME PICS AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!
PEOPLE TEND TO BE SO IGNORANT ITS RIDICULOUS... ;-)"

That's just a few...I also got some texts!

voistmag said...

I got a text msg from a model who has worked with both me & another photographer by the name of Shawn D, she asked me if I knew him, I answered honestly, "no, but I've heard his name from time to time, sup?"

Her exact response was. "He said that u and duane got into it and duane told him that u were talkn shit about him."

I seriously laughed at this, me & Shawn have never met & have never even exchanged words as far as I can remember, so why on God's green earth would I randomly pick a name & start drama with him?!

My msg to Shawn if you read this is the same that I would give any model that asks me about Duane...watch him closely, some ppl you just cant trust...& ask around, I'm not the 1st nor the last photographer that went this far with him...& I'm not the first, nor the last that will put him or anyone else out there who intentions are mostly negative on blast.

peace

Ashleigh J. said...

lol wow that comment about Duane is crazy. I actually do agree that he tends to only exploit young black females in the game. a friend of mine actually did some work with him and she even said that he tries to make the model shoot in a sexual manner because he knows that sex sells. but the truth of the matter is that i think he's just another person trying to sell sex and trying to exploit our black females more and more. and that's a shame for someone who is soposed to be setting an example as old as he is lol. that's why i chose not to work with him because i don't want to be associated with any company that simply promotes sex because as a real model, a big butt and half naked pictures is not really modeling at all in my book. it's just another way to sell sex and these young naive girls are too anxious and too eager to even realize it.

Savior Monroe said...

People must not know how good mt boy's photography work is. I'm not just saying that cause he's my friend, I'm saying that because his pics look amazing. Anybody that thinks he's an amateur obviously hasn't paid close attention to his work. The fact that his prices are actually cheaper than most photographers at his level is a plus that most models would take advantage of. Sometimes I just don't understand peoples logic.

voistmag said...

Recently a girl who was just staring out with modeling said she was talking to a lot of photographers on the web & when she came across Duane he feed her some bull about she couldnt wear clothes for a certain amount of time while photographing with him...I think that was so backwards, any photographer that dictates what your attire will be for all the shoot, especially if they want you half (80-90%) naked, they are not looking out for your well being...keep that in mind future models! Agencies look for Diversity, if u have a port full of lingerie...you close a lot of doors for yourself.

voistmag said...

& thanx my dude!

Anonymous said...

He wants his models to be naked so that he can have sex with them in his basement while his baby mamma/wife is upstairs with the kids. I will admit his work is good but he likes to put his "LeG" into his work.

Washgirl said...

She is too funny, I guess all models are inexperienced if they don't wanna save money... lol. She needs to get some type of reality check and get her attitude together. Model X needs to have some understanding about the career that she's trying to pursue. I've been in this game for about 5 years and I have yet to put down anyone who's trying to come up. Model X just needs to do some research and check her attitude.

Washgirl said...

My first couple of years modeling Duane was my photographer, but as the years went on and I got older I noticed that he wanted more and more of my clothes off and I did not appreciate this at all. I almost got a ticket trying to do a photoshoot with him, I drew the line when he would begin to get pissed because I wanted to bring my boyfriend with me because I felt uncomfortable, and he won't even release any of my pictures to me. So now I have nothing to show for the past four years that I modeled.

voistmag said...

Here's another wall post that made all too much sense...

Blu Jenkins wrote at 7:48pm
wow that model x is stupid as hell....excuse my language...but she is. so ur telling me that if the same mua that does beyonce's or rhianna's makeup comes to u and offers to do ur photoshoot 4 free u wouldnt take it????? Gyrl BYE!!!!!

voistmag said...

Here are a few more private msgs...enjoy, lol...

"i was already laughing at some of the ish already...like...she must didn't know dxm and ecm both STILL recruit through stuff like myspace and ish...hell...they started with blackplanet and migente first...but no matter how you met the person, you met them...what was you supposed to say...oh i met her on facebook so she excluded from being a model...wtf...another thing...why did she have a problem with you paying for a mua?...i don't get it...and if the mua is good, does it matter what the price is?...and well...it was just alot that i read that i was like i wonder who he talking about...LMAO...but anyways...i need you to get'cha booty up and get on my team!...THANKS!...lol"

"this was super funny. thanks for the laugh"

"I just read that blog and baby girl is a mess.."

"i read the blog ant thats funny as hell! there are too many people out here that think they published cause they did a hair mag or something local... But dont worry about those kind cause they dont know anything when it comes to modeling and photography! Also I know a lot of people who dont like shootin with dyme extreme, my ex said he was grimy and he promised so much stuff and never delivered!"



...This guy's a joke, it's like I don't even have to say anything about him...he's killing himself out here!